Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I bet you've never had a bithday like this!


Sagittarius December 16, 2008
No one likes risk, but today you won't be able to avoid it no matter how hard you try. So take a new attitude -- embrace the danger and try to see any gamble you're forced to take as an opportunity to mix things up in your routine and add some excitement to your life. Sure, a million things could go wrong, but you need to remember that no matter what happens, you can handle it! Whether the risks reward you or teach you a valuable lesson, you are moving to better things soon.
Embrace the danger! Yeah...didn't know that meant cupping your hands and catching your 3yr old's vomit in the Dollar store. But my horoscope was right I did handle it!
So in case you didn't know, my Charlotte was sick today.
We started off pretty good today. Girls went off to school, I went to Scrapbook store and bought some paper I wanted, then hit Old Navy, bought a pretty sweet pea coat, shirt, tights, and butterfly flats all for $30. I grabbed a taco for lunch, went home to let my dog out and we were chased off our property into our house by a BIG dog from down the street. OK... not a big deal...changed into my new pea coat to go get the girls.
Nora let her class know it was my birthday and the whole class sang "Happy Birthday Nora's Mama". So cute...my Nora and Char were holding my hands and after the song was over, Nora thanked her classmates and gave them each a hug. I wished I could get a picture of it!
I promised the girls a trip to the Dollar store to spend two dollars each. A little something Grandma put in their Christmas cards. Nora is a good big sister showing Charlotte all kinds of things she might want to buy. Charlotte does not seem interested.
"Charchar, what's wrong?" I ask.
"My tummy hurts."
"Do you have to use the bathroom?"
Weird little whine is my answer.
"Nora take us to the checkout...Charlotte wants to peepee at home." I say.
We make our way to the checkout, I place all our purchases on the belt, I hear....."Hrrrrr!"
I turn and Charlotte is puking her little guts out!
I don't know what to do, I start comforting my baby and out comes more puke and I instinctively cup my hands to catch the puke (my kids never make it to the bathroom in time to puke, so I try to catch it to minimize the cleanup) and she doesn't stop puking and my hands overflow! Yeah...gross. Who catches puke?
Lady behind us in line starts making grossed out noises and I apologize to everyone in sight holding all this puke still. I catch the eye of the manger walking by in front and yell "I need a bag!!" Maybe he didn't in actuality, but he seemed to take FOREVER to get over to us.
We made it to the bathroom and cleaned up and YES my new pea coat was tainted!
So long long story, we made it home without our purchases (Nora disgruntled) because after all that, I left my credit card in the truck because I never put it back in my wallet after my taco for lunch. :( Charlotte and I cleaned up and put on sweats. No dinner out tonight, we got a pizza, and a wonderful cake from Ukrops.
Yes, that is a puke bucket Charlotte is holding.
Yes, she did throw up after I took that picture.
Craig lit the candles and then I heard "Hrrrrr!"
Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my poor baby P! you good momma sister. love ukrops cake.